CLASSIFIED APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Thank you for your interest in employment with Nye County School District. We would like to take this opportunity to explain our recruitment process and answer some frequently asked questions.
1. Applicants must submit an online application at this link. The Human Resources Department will forward eligible applications to the hiring supervisor.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications; however, applicants may upload a resume and other documents to their completed application.
Applications and ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION must be submitted via AppliTrack, on or before the position closing date and time. Please be advised that no exceptions will be made.
Please allow at least two weeks after the closing date for processing, before contacting the supervisor regarding the status of the position.
2. Supervisor will interview at least three applicants and complete a reference/employment background check; once cleared, supervisor will notify Human Resources of whom they wish to hire. Supervisor will notify those applicants who are interviewed of the outcome.
3. Applicant must make an appointment at the nearest District Office to complete additional employment steps and paperwork.
4. Applicant must submit a money order in the amount of $40.25 (fee subject to change by DPS; please contact HR to verify current fee), made payable to Nye County School District, prior to reporting to the NCSO for mandatory LiveScan fingerprints.
5. Applicant must submit current CPR/First Aid Certification, if required for the position.
6. Applicant must clear mandatory pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing.
7. Applicant must complete SafeSchools training within the first 30 days of employment.
*Please refer to Policy 6410 for additional information.
Nye County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.